Sunday, February 01, 2009

Blame it on the Estradiol

A study conducted by Dr. Kristina Durante and her team from the University of Texas at Austin found the following:

Women with high levels of an oestrogen known as estradiol:
1) look and feel prettier
2) dress more provocatively and engage in more thrill-seeking behaviour
3) reported a greater likelihood of flirting, kissing and having a serious affair with someone other than their primary partner
4) engage in opportunistic serial monogamy (i.e. open to affairs and moving on to a higher-quality mate should the opportunity arise)

Until I read that article, I had always blamed my inclination for having flings and jumping out of airplanes on increased testosterone levels…or maybe a lapse in sound mental judgement.

But now I can blame it on a female hormone—thereby making me feel less masculine and more in touch with my feminine side. My cleavage baring tops, my serial-dating…my vanity…I can blame it on Estradiol. Oh how I love new scapegoats!

Post-script:
Note to the boyfriend: Having done extensive research on the male population, I have concluded that you alone are the perfect one for me. So you can stop being jealous/upset/sad now! Mmmuahh!

2 comments:

Jan Banks said...

oh di, you're updating again! :D to which hormone is the irrepressible urge to remove one's pants attributable?

- D. said...

Haha, I'm not entirely certain Jan...I'll update you when I know! But haven't you progressed from Janpantsness to total nudity? LOLOL